To our valued patients:
We hope this update finds you and your family in good health. Our nation and local community have faced significant challenges during the last several months and we are all looking forward to regaining a sense of normalcy. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: our commitment to the highest level of care and the safety of our patients and staff.
With this in mind, we are implementing new policies surrounding patient visits as follows and appreciate your patience and cooperation with this effort:
- Our staff will contact you before your appointment to ask screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to be seen as scheduled.
- If anyone in your family is or has been sick with a cough or fever in the past two weeks, please contact our office as a courtesy to reschedule your appointment.
- Our staff will check temperatures on all patients, family members, and caregivers on the day of your appointment. If any individual has a fever, we will recommend evaluation with your primary care provider and your appointment with our office will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Given the unique face-to-face nature of ENT examination, all patients, family members, and caregivers will be required to wear a face mask or face covering during the entirety of their time in the office.
Furthermore, to optimize social distancing inside the office:
- Adult patients will be seen alone unless they require the assistance of a single family member or caregiver.
- Only one parent/family member will be allowed to accompany pediatric patients to their appointment. This includes siblings unless they have an appointment the same day.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our office flow has been redesigned to optimize social distancing with limited seating in the waiting room, six-foot markers on the floor at check-out, etc. If you feel more comfortable waiting outside the office or in your vehicle, please do so. We only ask that you check in with our front office staff first so that we know that you have arrived for your appointment.
- Restrooms will be available for emergency use only.
We continue the same sterilization and cleaning protocols that we have always followed. We look forward to seeing you soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have. As always, we can be reached at 352-331-0090.
Thank you for your ongoing trust and patience as we continue to chart a new course together.
The Physicians and Staff of Gainesville ENT & Allergy Associates